If you are currently working with a psychologist, therapist, or performance coach at Synapse Counseling, or you are a former client and would like to leave your feedback for future clients, please feel free to do so in this page.
Please be aware that we will not “edit” your comment, so make sure it is phrased in the way you’d like it to read, and be aware that if you decide to put your name we can’t provide anonymity. We appreciate your feedback and willingness to share your experience with others.
We would welcome your testimonial about your experience at Synapse Counseling or any of our therapists. This may be helpful for other people considering working with us. Thank you for taking this time to share for the benefit of others!.
This is what some of our clients have said:
- “I experienced a balance of support, accountability, and challenge with
the professionals at Synapse during a time that I was numb to my body
and emotions. I have been pushed in a positive direction to try new
things and it has created more joy and balance in my life. My activity
is now motivated by play and having fun. I have learned to listen to
my body by becoming more self-accepting while not losing my
competitive spirit. The skills and reflections I learned and
experienced during my time at Synapse will continue to help me in the
future. I am very thankful for the opportunity to work with such
compassionate, intelligent, and skilled professionals”. – Former Boston
- “Thank you so much for your help. You have helped me to be come a truer version of the person I want to be.”- Female Collegiate Athlete
- “Just wanted to let you know I made the team! I’m using all of the skills you taught me and continuing to work on all of them. Everything has been so helpful”- Female Collegiate Athlete
- ” I really appreciate all your help and guidance. It has been wonderful to work things through with you.”- Young adult
- “You saved my life. Thank you for continuing to believe in me even when I didn’t. I never thought I could be this happy doing all the things I am doing.”- Male, young adult.
- “As I spent the past 5 months working with Elena, it was as if I was being gently pulled by a harness out of the middle of a giant thunderhead, black and roiling and loud, into the blue and sunny sky. All I had to do was to trust and to hold onto the rope she cast, and she led me out of the storm. Elena is brilliant, gentle, and wise. She has a magical way of making clarity of your thoughts and emotions that are twisted and tied in knots. Anyone who gets to work with Elena is blessed. Thank you eternally.” -Female recovering bulimic
- “Thank you for helping our family find a way to communicate and understand each other better. While we still have our challenges, we manage our dissagreements so much better and our home is much more peaceful.”- Head of the household
- “My life has just completely flipped from being miserable for a while to being joyous. It’s amazing how I can use other ways of expressing and coping with emotions other than my eating disorder. Mostly I have somehow been extremely effective at separating from the Ego. All the internalized voices of society, family, external judgement, etc., that tell me I am wrong and want to punish me by making me feel sick. I am not them anymore. I am me. Which is different, and now, who is free. I hear those voices and feel those feelings and I thank them for their input and then tell them to scram-doodle. And when they know that I have the authority, they do. It’s pretty cool. Ah, life is glorious.”- C
- “My experience with Synapse has been one of the most valuable in my recovery from an eating disorder. Through individual sessions and participating in the Healthy Body and Mind and DBT Groups, I finally was able to put the tools I’d learned into action to start to break down my disordered way of thinking and truly begin to heal. I’m so grateful to Elena and all of the Synapse team for showing me that there is life after an eating disorder, that recovery is possible, and that life has so much to offer! Thank you so much.” -LB
- “My life has completely turned around in the best way I could have imagined. Elena set me on a new course of life. I learn new things about myself every time I visit with her which has allowed me to become my true self; something I never thought possible. I am so thankful for her guidance, support, knowledge, and understanding. I am truly the happiest I’ve ever been in my adult/adolescent years. THANK YOU!”- Female ADHD/ED
- “I am a completely different person than I was when I first started
with Synapse. In a steady but gradual manner by thoughts, my actions
and how I am being, and reacting has completely changed!
I am more confident and more engaged in my life and the people in it.
All the services I accessed from therapy, to groups, and nutrition
were all so valuable in helping me become a NEW person! Thank you!!” -KC
ABOUT COGMED WORKING MEMORY TRAINING
- “Cogmed helped me inmensely with my work as I have to remember random sequences of digits and letters. I am also able to remember names, multitask, be interrupted and then pick up where I left off! It’s made my ADHD less intrusive on my life and I get much less aggravated with myself. My wife also love that I remember what groceries to buy!- thank you.” – SS.
- “I found Cogmed Training to be extremely beneficial and helpful. Although it was challenging at times, it never was discouraging. Cogmed has not only helped with my academics, but with my everyday life. I enjoyed most of the activities and felt very accomplished to have finished them. I enjoyed working witha coach in order to have a little extra motivation and support. Overall I would say that I enjoyed Cogmed and it has proven very helpful to my life.”- AF
- ” I am happy to report that my son greatly benefited from Cogmed. He indicated that it is now easier to keep track of things, schoolwork is more doable, and math is easier to follow. We are thankful that this program was available and I believe that a lot of people could benefit from doing this program. I would encourage anyone that is considering for themselves or their kids”. – DM
- “This has changed our lives! You need to go and tell people how amazing this program is! Our son went from flunking out in school, to getting A’s, and into his program of choice. He is better able to manage all of his schoolwork, tasks and has even gotten a job! This is incredible! – TL(mom).